The first lifts
The first chairlift was installed in Malatrait by the municipality of Allevard. Only one hotel was available, providing 12 tourist rooms. A ski lift was not installed until 1956 near the chairlift. The second ski lift was installed in 1960. This installation marks the beginning of a notorious acceleration in the development of the resort of Le Collet, which really takes off from 1964.
The Bellatrait ski lift and then the Grand Collet chairlift were built in 1964 and 1965 respectively. It was the beginning of a great development phase, with the appearance of a new lift every year.
The Olympic Games in Grenoble in 1968 were a real godsend for the resort of Le Collet. New hotel facilities were added to the existing offer such as the “Chamois d’Or” and “Arolles” residences. Developments continued until the 1980s, before slowing down due to lack of space.
While developing its ski lifts range, Le Collet resort is seeking to diversify. This is how the equipment to allow the development of night skiing came into being.
Today, Le Collet has 27 slopes for 35 km of descent and is one of the rare resorts to offer night skiing.